Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Local Library


Well I had a chance to run to the local library yesterday and it was very nice... In fact they have special events just for homeschoolers. They had none of the books I was looking for but they were super cool in tracking them down and putting them on hold for me:) The town of Mulberry is very quiet and quaint. It's kinda like traveling back in time. I guess you could say Mulberry is like Mayberry, although I didn't see a local barber shop but that doesn't mean there isn't one:) There is a hardware store that's huge and has all sorts of cools things not just hardware. There is an old step ladder in the back and I asked the man if it was for sale and he told me no that it was his handy ladder and it had been there for who knows how long. I was sad but nice to know old things are still being put to good use. Last night at work (Cracker Barrel) I was thinking about that little ladder as I searched high and low for the step ladder to clean out the juice machines. It is not even near the likes of the little ladder at the hardware store but just one of those plain metal kind with plastic steps... needless to say I never did find that ladder so I had to use a good ole wooden chair (which might be against the rules:/) but what's a short girl to do, I had to make do;) Anyways getting off subject.... the town of Mulberry I'm finding is not to shabby and I think I will frequent there more often. I mean they have a Dollar General and a Homestyle Mercantile... what more do you need?;)

1 comment: