Monday, August 22, 2011

First Time blogger... bear with me;)



This morning I crawled out of bed to the sound of my very loud phone alarm (mind you after hitting snooze several times) at 5 ish a.m. Just to let you know a little bit about me I am a night owl through and through so getting up at this time of day proves to be a difficult task for me, but as we have taken on this new life on the farm I am determined to do it because.. well, that's what you're supposed to do right?;) People who live on farms have many chores and such and what better time to do them than the wee hours of the morning. Not so sure about this yet but I'm sure I'll learn the more animals we aquire. We'll get back to that later but as of now my reason for the madness of rising early is this is the time my sweet husband gets up to get ready for work. I do not start this task with the most pleasant smile on my face in fact I'm quite grumpy, BUT by the time I pull my hair back, brush my teeth and make my way to the kitchen and start the coffee life starts to fill my being and I start thinking of my husband coming down the stairs to the smell of fresh coffee and breakfast on the table. It just makes me feel so good inside I can't even explain it. Of course I do not wake the kids at this time (who by the way are sleeping in the Living Room/Bedroom right next to us.. hence the little cabin... we'll talk about that later too) to eat with us, it's just way too early and it might ruin their day but it's just time for Joey and I to talk and share about our goals for the day... Sometimes this is our very own alone time until our heads hit our pillows so I'm coming to learn this time is very important no matter how hard it is for me to roll out of my comfy bed. As he eats I make his lunch because I'm not an early eater... I like to eat breakfast around 9 or 10 so I tend to do it when it's snack time for the kids:) Anyways... as my husband drives away in his truck and I stand and wave I think... now I'm gonna run back in and sleep until the kids get up but when I get upstairs and I lay down I'm not sleepy not one little bit and everything I need to do today races through my head. So I sit up and decide to read my devotion for the day and this just led me to want to write. So here I am writing in a new blog which I'm excited to get going. I know nothing about templates, and dashboards and whatever else all this is so you'll have to bear with my mishaps and hopefully it will be a fun journey... Now I'm off to start school with the kiddos and out to feed the chicks, cats and dogs.. lord willing someday goats, cows and pigs:) Blessing to each and everyone of you today!!

5 comments:

  1. You bless me everyday :) Love your first blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited that you are starting a blog, Stacy...I'm always thinking when you post pics on FB that you need a blog. :) I am looking forward to seeing more pictures of your cabin and your farm...what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jennifer... I'm going try hard not to slack and keep up with it;) I'm not a good writer so I will have to keep people entertained with my pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jessica... you'll never know how much you bless and inspire me... Love ya girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! I hope you are going to put a lot of pictures on here!

    ReplyDelete