Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thanksgiving trip out East

This year for thanksgiving we travelled to MD and PA to see my Sis and her family and Joey's mom and family. We had so much fun at both places. It was really hard to leave my sisters house. After trips to several thrift stores, the beach, bowling, and so many other adventures we were all exhausted but saying goodbye is the hardest thing. In fact our whole family was in tears by the time we got back into our van to drive away... Hmmmm. I just love that sister of mine. They don't get any better than her:) the tears lasted for about 30 min and slowly the kids started falling asleep. Next stop airport to pick up Uncle Paulie. The kids were so excited and soon our sadness turned to joy as we made our way to mom mom's house. It was such a change from the 8+ lively kids at my sisters to Sharon's nice calm house. I think we were all ready to relax a bit. We ate yummy food and visited all the family and then once again it was time to pack up and leave. Back home we started. Tears again!! We love Arkansas but it sure is hard to say goodbye to so many people we love so much. The trip home was the longest I think I've ever been in a car. Joey and I were exhausted and I think we both wondered if we would make it;) but we did after 36 hours (it should only take about 23;) ) Of course once we pulled up the driveway we were all so thankful to be home. It was an awesome trip and I'm thankful we got to go and that the Lord provided our needs. Here's a few pics from our journey.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! Love this, and all the pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete